Wanted: Your Input

I Need Your Advice....
in a few weeks I am one of the speakers at a morning of workshops for women at a local church.
My workshop is "Getting The Look for Less" ... Love it!
My direction will be to encourage these "makers of the home" to strive to make their home an En Gedi . An oasis...a place of peace...of refreshment. And certainly this can be done on a budget.
But I'm curious...if you were to sign up for this workshop titled "Getting The Look for Less"
  • what would you expect to get out of it?
  • how would you like my information and ideas to be shared?
  • would a question/answer time be helpful?

I would love any ideas you may have.

Please don't be scared to leave a comment (even anonymous) or contact me through email. Thank-you in advance!

Lori  – (January 5, 2010 at 9:15 PM)  

If I were attending, I'd like pictures, how-to guides, where to find/how to make!

Farmgirl Chaos  – (January 6, 2010 at 9:13 AM)  

Hmm. I love the title as well. When I first read it, I was thinking clothes. But instead of decorating yourself, you decorate your house. :)

Ok. The rest will be random as it goes through my head.

One reason I love blogs is to see how people can get ideas from Pottery Barn, Ballard Desings, etc, and do a replication of the item for a fraction of the price! I have a few I want to do, but have yet to do them. Because of seeing all these ideas, I signed up to receive the catalogs myself. Many of the art pieces can be copied, as well as many pillows and accessories. Or, if you like a look, to begin looking at a thrift store.

Something I will be making for my nephew (and any of his siblings) is this jumbo ruler from Pottery Barn that costs $99. (http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/jumbo-ruler/)
So easy to do myself with getting a long 1x12, and painting on the marks myself. It won't be exactly the same, but good enough.

Also, making the thrift stores your friend! (After seeing some of your sweet finds, I have tried to visit them more. So thanks!)

Sometime in February, Joy is hosting a home swapping party. Like a clothes swap, but a home decor swap. That would be a fun way to get some great new things just by trading in your items you don't want anymore.

A big item, most importantly for me, is that I can't have or do everything that I see and want. Yes, people will have some amazing ideas. But if I don't have a place to put the idea or a way to utilize it, why should I waste my time and money on it?

Sometimes less is more...well, for me it is. I love seeing people have little vignettes all over the house, but I don't like that much stuff out. So it's important to not sway from what you (and your family) enjoy seeing and having around.

Well, that's all for now. I'll let you know if I think of more. And what's this workshop deal? Is it during the week?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP