I made it at the very beginning of May... it was a very easy task, just a little time consuming. Here's my process:
- I emailed the original ad to our local print shop and had them enlarge it to about 36"x36".
- Had my husband make me a wooden square and then I painted it white.
- Taped my enlarged print to the painted square.
- Used a jumbo sheet of carbon/transfer paper (I found mine in the canvas aisle at Hobby Lobby) to transfer the image onto the painted wood sign. Just put transfer paper under the print paper and trace around your image and words with a pen or pencil.
- Your pen or pencil will push down on the carbon paper and transfer your image onto the wood sign. Once your all done transferring...
- Usually I would use paint to fill in my transferred image...but this time I used a black sharpie and was very happy with the results.
All total, the project cost me under $5!
That's it! Easy peasy!