Warming The Hearth

The jack-o-lanterns were there in October.
November still doesn't have very cold days to have a fire going daily...so while I was unpacking a box I came across the solution.
These candleholders I made a few years ago:

It's simply straight sided glass vases, candleholders and even drinking glasses. I then used papers in different shades of creams, tans and whites....drew a pattern lightly in pencil on the papers....took the thread out of my sewing machine and "sewed" the pattern on the papers! The needle just poked little holes in the paper in a WAY more efficient manner than I could have ever done! Use some double stick tape to attach to glass containers!
They're even pretty in the daytime!
Opening that box brought a smile to my face....I had made these for centerpieces at a MOPS special dinner we had many years ago...in a town we no longer live in. ...but still have dear friends there...and great memories of times like this. You past fellow MOPS moms...remember these? Which special dinner was it???


The Mackeys  – (November 23, 2009 at 7:40 PM)  

those are great! Where did you have them before?

Anonymous –   – (November 23, 2009 at 8:50 PM)  

I noticed those when I was over and really liked them. I never would have thought of using a sewing machine for the holes.

Stephanie  – (November 24, 2009 at 8:00 AM)  

Such a neat idea, Steph! Very creative and they look beautiful! Once again you have amazed me :o)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP