A Lovely Shade of Blah...

One week and counting!!!!
If all goes well we will close on our house next Friday!
I have been cleaning and washing windows...
but yesterday I decided to repaint Sophia's room.
It was a color called Summer Fields from Lowes, and I really liked it.
But then I found this and really really liked it (the fawn and owl did it!)
And I didn't like the idea of those decals on a green wall.
Then it took me a few weeks to think it over in my head....how things would be arranged, other colors in the room, etc.
So yesterday I took the leap and painted it an original color (I didn't want to buy new paint so I mixed what I had) I call it:
Antique Alabaster
(antique white and alabaster mixed together)
Which is creamy white...which will be accented by creamy white carpet and the creamy white trim....that's right...
a lovely shade of blah for now!
Just trust me...I can see the finished product in my head...and it's not blah!
It will stay in blahland for awhile...until we:
paint her bed and bookshelves the Summer Fields color (thankfully I have over a gallon left!)
Her little kids harvest table will stay stained
the chairs will be painted pink
still unsure about the curtains.
The bedding will be made from this or similar colrs/fabric.
and I can see something like the edges of her sheets embroidered with this pattern.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP