You Asked For It....House Update

In less then a month we'll be moving in....completely done or (probably) not! We have to be out of our apartment the end of July and we have to have the house done enough for the city to give us our certificate of occupancy. As you can see above we have posts on the porch and lights...we have a railing that will probably need to be on before we can move in. The name of the game lately has been first to do the floors so we could do the cabinets so that the plumbers and electricians could come back and finish. All flooring is done except for carpeting! Here's a lot of pictures for you!
The electricians have been at our house the last few days. Here's one of the exterior lights...it's on the ceiling of our side porch. The electrician commented to me that this was the most custom lighted house they've ever done....I think that translates into $$$$.

This is the powder room floor. It wasn't originally supposed to be this, but due to running out of our wood floor and having extra tile, it turned into this. I love it! My husband did this floor.


Here's the office. It may eventually have some beams in it...but this will certainly do for now!

My mudroom lights


My mudroom floor...dirty already!

Sophia trying out the little corner bench in the shower!

Getting warm by the fire! (HA! It's been in the 90's with high humidity here) See the little white box in her hands....I noticed it after taking the picture...it's the lost specialty light bulb that everyone had been searching for!


The master closet.

The master bedroom.

The master bathtub.


Here's the kitchen cabinets my husband has been working so hard on! We deviated from our original plan on the counter tops. Originally we were going to do DIY concrete counter tops....but got a little nervous with my island...it's 8 1/2 ft. by 4 1/2 feet and I didn't want a seam in it, which would require us to pour in place and attempt to trowel it smooth. My dream has always been soapstone with a wood island...and that's what we're doing!

Here's the cabinet in the girls bathroom...I'm going to make a curtain for that curved middle part. I can't wait for my 4 foot trough sink to be put in!

The Great Room fan...this was where the long lost light bulb belonged!

The dining room lights. We may try to hide the swag of the chains by doing some ceiling treatment eventually.

This is the vanity cabinet in our basement bathroom. Jacob made it for me...I was inspired by one in Pottery Barn...but not inspired by the price! After the counter top, sink and faucet it will be 1/3 of the Pottery Barn price!

The sconces going down to the basement.

Partyhouse 4 God  – (June 27, 2009 at 9:38 PM)  

LOVE IT!!!! I can't wait to come over and see it. If you need help watching kids so you can finish, let me know- plenty of space at my unfinished house.

ljk  – (June 27, 2009 at 10:09 PM)  

Lookin' great!! I am so excited to see it all done! You definitely have a way with putting it all together!

The Mackeys  – (June 27, 2009 at 10:52 PM)  

amazing! and thank you for the update!

Unknown  – (July 2, 2009 at 10:44 PM)  

Fabulous!!!! I'm so happy for you guys!

Tara  – (July 5, 2009 at 7:45 PM)  

Dude, master bedroom closet = our girls' bedroom. Ahhh, the Midwest...some day!

Fabulous choices and amazing work done by your husband!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP