Feed The Children...

{Update: you can download the ipod template. Click here.}
Two completely unrelated facts that led up to this project:
1. My oldest daughter is responsible for classroom snacks this week.
2. She wants an ipod pretty bad...she's come home from school a few times with a piece of construction paper with string that has balls of paper attached which she declares is her ipod. The real ipod isn't happening anytime soon...
But, I thought we could have fun with snacks and make an ipod snack for everyone. Here's how we made it happen:
(a sneak peak of the finished product)

We searched for an "ipod shaped" snack...we ended up with these crackers and "cheese". I think another good option would have been granola bars.

We also found "headphones" which are Hershey Kisses.

Other supplies: paper, tape, string and printed ipod wheel and screen.

I took a half sheet of paper and wrapped it up like a present (using clear tape).

I cut a long piece of string, folded it in half and taped it to the back of the ipod. I then taped the 2 ends of the string to the bottom of the kisses.

I cut out the wheel and screen and glued onto each ipod. I allowed to dry overnight! I then put each one into it's own sandwich bag so the strings didn't get all twisted up.

There you go...the finished product!

This is a project my oldest could have helped a great deal with...we were going to work on it after supper, but got distracted with a dance party and a phone call from Grandma!





Unknown  – (April 29, 2009 at 2:41 PM)  

Those rock! That's a fun project for kiddos and adults alike!

Tara  – (April 29, 2009 at 3:45 PM)  

Rock on woman.

When were you featured on One Pretty Thing? That's great!

Nicholas Mackey  – (April 29, 2009 at 5:19 PM)  

wow. I can't believe you're my sister. You are amazing!

Stephanie  – (April 30, 2009 at 5:17 PM)  

Okay, can I just say you are the most creative person I know. Seriously, this might have put it over the top. Super cute. Love your ideas . . . now if I could just put 1/8 of them into action at our place!
You rock.
Love,
Steph

the decorated cookie  – (May 7, 2009 at 7:54 AM)  

This is completely brilliant. I may have to keep this in my bookmarks for the next decade (til my daughter is old enough to want an ipod.) Found you on One Pretty Thing and I also posted a link to the roundup at One Pretty Thing on my edible crafts column (ediblecrafts.craftgossip.com).

RebeccaMom  – (May 7, 2009 at 4:31 PM)  

awesome, found you on one pretty thing. These are the cutest!

eileensideways  – (May 23, 2009 at 9:11 PM)  

daughter lucky to have a creative mom like u. someday she will thank you, lol. my daughter is currently studying graphic design and thanked me for pointing her in the right direction.

Piccolina Designs  – (July 19, 2009 at 9:55 PM)  

You are so creative. I can't wait to try these.

Kelly  – (August 20, 2009 at 7:58 PM)  

I want to use these for my daugthers rainbow party. These will look great in rainbow colors. Thanks

Jessica Morris  – (October 22, 2009 at 10:29 PM)  

This is a fantastic idea!! I love it and am going to be trying to think of something to do this at... my kids are 1 and 2 and totally wouldn't care, but I'll find an excuse to do this somewhere!!! :)

Unknown  – (April 6, 2011 at 9:39 PM)  

Hello, I would love to download template but when I try to download it it say "You (user name kikidr1) have just tried to access a document in another KeepandShare account. To view it you need to ask the owner of the other account to set the Sharing controls to give your KeepandShare user name "kikidr1" rights to view the document." Please add me so that I may to have access to the template

Anonymous –   – (May 14, 2011 at 10:55 AM)  

Hellos, I also would love to download the template. Please add me on keep and share. My username is "billynjuls97".

Thank you!!!

Lorie  – (July 11, 2011 at 1:14 PM)  

These are so cute! I would love to feature them on my site. Can you email me at lorieblogs (at) gmail (dot) com

Thanks!!

Anonymous –   – (September 22, 2011 at 9:29 AM)  

I would LOVE to download the template. My user name is shelleytemple thanks! Please email me at shelleyattemple-israeldotorg thanks!

Yvonne Bowden –   – (October 4, 2011 at 8:30 AM)  

I was interested in downloading the document/template on keep and share can u please add yvonnejb thanks

ilysse mandelbaum –   – (October 19, 2011 at 5:14 PM)  

Hi! love it!!! please add me to your keep and share! I would love to use the template for my daughter's party! my name is "ilysse" thanks!

Anonymous –   – (February 18, 2012 at 11:00 AM)  

Hello, I like the iPod favor idea and would like to make it for my daughter's 6th birthday. How can I download the template? Please email me at kenico22@yahoo.com

Anonymous –   – (February 18, 2012 at 1:21 PM)  

My keepsake user name is saney02. I like the iPod template for the favors

Anonymous –   – (March 30, 2012 at 11:09 AM)  

This is such an amazing idea. I'd love to add this to our little girl's birthday goodie bag, but am having trouble downloading the template. My username is asail_hotmail or you can email me at asail_@hotmail.com if you can please share the template.

all the best!

JadaSL83  – (April 18, 2012 at 8:52 PM)  

I was going to do something similar, but it requires more WORK!!!! I was going to use rice krispies treats coated with different color white chocolate, and have her picture printed on fondant from gogo cakes, and make it look like an iPhone. This would be more time efficient, since I stay pretty busy. That is such an awesome, and unique party favor!!! ;)

JadaSL83  – (April 18, 2012 at 9:00 PM)  

I was going to do something similar, but it requires more WORK!!!! I was going to use rice krispies treats coated with different color white chocolate, and have her picture printed on fondant from gogo cakes, and make it look like an iPhone. This would be more time efficient, since I stay pretty busy. That is such an awesome, and unique party favor!!! ;)

Anonymous –   – (June 28, 2012 at 11:24 PM)  

Hi~
I would like to download the iPod template. Could you please allow me to view your page. My user name is avwes.

Thanks!

MelB –   – (August 16, 2012 at 2:47 PM)  

Hi I would LOVE to use these for my daughters party. My username is Tramelanie. Thank you!

Anonymous –   – (August 22, 2012 at 11:49 AM)  

These are too cute. I would like to use your template and would greatly appreciate it if you could be so kind to add me. My user name is clathamsmiles. Thank you!

Anonymous –   – (September 6, 2012 at 11:23 PM)  

Would love to make these for the nurses on my floor. My username is jjtl28.

Anonymous –   – (September 9, 2012 at 7:50 AM)  

Hello, I would love to use this. My username is tiona813.

Anonymous –   – (January 18, 2013 at 8:29 PM)  

Hi, I would like to download this template, can you please add me, my user name is moofie26 email is rickandangela@sbcglobal.net. Thank you!!!

Anonymous –   – (March 3, 2013 at 6:28 PM)  

I love this idea and would love the template to make as favors for my daughter's birthday party. My user name is lindamgross

Anonymous –   – (March 20, 2013 at 9:59 AM)  

Want to put these in my daughter's swag bag at her Hollywood Birthday party. Can you add trarecar to view?

Cheryl  – (March 25, 2013 at 7:48 PM)  

There is a similar template that I got from the family fun magazine if you can't access this one here: at http://spoonful.com/crafts/rock-candy

Anonymous –   – (October 2, 2013 at 8:19 AM)  

HI, I would like to use these as party favors for my daughter's party on Saturday. Can you please give me access? My email is tjcoleman10@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Unknown  – (October 27, 2014 at 11:10 PM)  

I love what you created.. Is there a way to download the files? If so is there something I need to do? Hope to hear from you soon.. Thank you in advance.

Unknown  – (March 27, 2015 at 1:12 AM)  

Every day I feel is a blessing from God. And I consider it a new beginning. Yeah, everything is beautiful. See the link below for more info.


#everything
www.ufgop.org

DreaT –   – (September 19, 2016 at 9:13 PM)  

Hello, do you still have this template available?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP