Christmas Decor: Sophia's Room

This past week was going to be my "Christmas Decor Project Week".
But it quickly turned to "sick...wanna lay down and sleep all the time" week!
The decorations for Sophia's room was about all I could manage to do this week...you'll understand why....it's about as easy as could be!

All I did was gather together random scrapbook paper in her room colors and then used my scallop circle punch to make a lot of little circles.
I then loaded my sewing machine with white thread and quickly sewed up a bunch of these garlands!

The paper goes through the machine just like fabric. I really like how it turned out!

What didn't turn into garland I added some hooks to and hung them on her little tree!


A string of 20 mini lights from Hobby Lobby was all I needed to purchase.
Also on the tree is garland I made many years ago by using small gauge wire and threading it through mismatched buttons.
My favorite holiday decorating tip right now is putting your tree in some sort of container. It really makes it look special!
This is pottery I found at a garage sale this summer.
And it sits on top of a cutter quilt that was turned into a table runner.
Simple and sweet!

The Mackeys  – (December 14, 2009 at 9:40 AM)  

but blue isn't a Christmas color!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP