Christmas Decor: The Interior

Merry Christmas and Welcome!
Maybe you're a regular around here or maybe you're here by way of a holiday tour! Which ever it is, I'm glad you're here!


Here's a peak into our home during the holidays....

Some close-ups of our tree decorations.




In an earlier post I talked about how I decided to use our little 6 1/2 foot tree this year...but I needed to figure our a way to make it appear a little grander in our 9 + foot space....



I had my husband build a big box to lift the tree up to the height I wanted. The tree base sits inside of it. Painted red, I think it looks very nice!




The stockings were hung...I've found these stockings over many years at different places.


More pictures of the fireplace.





Above is a tray that sits on the ottoman in front of the fire. Different Christmas books, some decorations and a beautiful candle holder sit on top of the tray. (The candle holder I just found at the thrift store...$4.00! The original price tag of $50 was still on it!)





More birds! This canvas art was found at the thrift store...$1.00.



Jars filled with balls....different colors and patterns.


Vintage wood skies tucked in a corner.


An old milk jar...filled with balls and a candle.

Jar was found at a garage sale for a couple bucks!



Bottle brush trees sit upon a window sill. Look how beautiful the snow is...I couldn't have done it better myself!

Trees found at the thrift store for $1.00 each!


An arrangement I threw together in an old wooden drawer...using whatever greenery, candles and decorations I could find.


The view from our dining room.

The next 3 pics are from our guest room.




I put my feather tree up to display some of my vintage and mercury glass balls.



Below: a few of the decorations on the mantel in our master.


Below: a wreath that hangs in the big girls room.




Open up your home for the holidays at:

The Mackeys  – (December 14, 2009 at 9:39 AM)  

it is so beautiful! I hope I get to see it in person! It really inspires me how you've got so much great stuff by keeping your eye open at garage sales and thrift stores. I need to do that more!

Heather  – (December 15, 2009 at 10:15 AM)  

I featured you on my blog today. Feel free to snag my "I was featured @ The Gift Closet" button for your blog. Thanks for sharing your home! :)

Heather
The Gift Closet
www.thegiftcloset.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP