3 Things

1. The last week I have been unpacking and hauling from storage...with a detour to IKEA and another to the ER. Our things have been in storage for 2 years, it is so fun to start opening boxes and unpacking! I am trying to be disciplined and "stir what I have"...so use what I have in new ways! The picture below is an example of that...this is the table in our foyer area. It was a painted white nightstand, but I painted it this red color we had leftover from a project over 2 years ago! I changed out the knobs with some extras we had (also from a project many years ago.) A few decorations...and we are done!
I do have a list of things that we will need to purchase...eventually...but for now it will be finding a place for what I do have. (I also have a nice pile started to sell on Craigslist and at a garage sale!)

2. Did you notice what's on the bottom shelf? Probably not...

I was not planning on fall decorations until after Labor Day...but sometimes things just happen ;)

Yep...that's an owl pic and a little ceramic acorn dish...both found at garage sales!
3. Just thought I would share with you the easiest salad in the world! My sister and I saw this at IKEA and it looked so yummy! It's just salad greens of your choice with strawberries, pineapple, blueberries and mandarin oranges spread on top. Serve with poppy seed dressing! My husband thought almonds would also be good with this...and I agree! This one is supposed to feed 20 hungry construction workers at lunch today!





Nicholas Mackey  – (September 2, 2009 at 11:51 AM)  

o happy day. I love it when you blog! Try sugared roasted almonds and feta on the salad. I've had one with those before and it was amazing! I had seconds of it which is even more amazing since I don't like salad and I don't like almonds!

Farmgirl Chaos  – (September 2, 2009 at 12:12 PM)  

Well, I think before you sell anything, you had better share with me first! I like giving old things a new life.
Happy stirring.

Stephanie  – (September 2, 2009 at 9:32 PM)  

I love to see a new post on here (I check regularly to see what you've been creating in that new place of yours!) You amaze me. Now, if I could just convince you to make a drive south . . . oh, the stirring we could do (and eating and laughing and visiting). Hope you are having a good time with it all. We miss you. Love ya! Steph

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP