I've Missed You!

It's true...we've moved!!! We're here! Actually we've been here for almost a month now....and I've been without Internet until today...not fun, but it's in the past right? Moving was a crazier process than I had envisioned...here was the plan:
the girls were at my parents for the weekend while we moved.
we traded my parents our van for their truck so we could move over the weekend.
it all depended on the final inspection by the city.
my husband pulled an all nighter to get ready.
the inspection was friday afternoon, it finished at 5:00 pm.
did we pass? of course not! did I mention we live in a crazy strict building code town? we do...in fact the major thing that needed to be fixed that restricted us from moving in...we're the only town in the nation that has that code!
Instead of taking the weekend to move, my husband spent it fixing things that did not pass our city code.
It took the inspector until the following Wednesday to come back to inspect.
Since my husband was busy at the house, I kind of ended up moving myself (with children of course!)
My mom came on Thursday to help clean our apartment, which was a huge blessing! We finished at about 9 pm...just in time to pack everyone up for a weekend vacation with my husband's family.
Things have slowed down, still lots and lots to do, but it's nice just being together and having one residence to take care of!
We're happy just being together as a family again!

The cook top with pot filler...I actually love it a lot more than I thought I would!

Some of our carpet was back ordered...so we were moved in for a few days before it was installed.

I am ready to make a quilt for Sophia's room! I think that will be my first room to do, it mostly requires material and paint...and digging a big girl bed out of storage!

I put up a few summery decorations, which will be replaced in a few short weeks by fall decor!

This is the pile of decorations for the master bedroom...just sitting in the corner...looking longingly at me to decorate with them.
Yes, sometimes I do think I am going crazy.

We have curtains in our master bedroom! I'm sure the neighborhood thanks us.



The curtains throughout most of the downstairs are actually canvas painters drop clothes. The sides were already finished, they came in a 6x 9 ft. sheet, and they cost under $10 each! I did have to hem them, but that was it!

I've learned to appreciate the simple things in life...like a towel hanging by the shower...instead a pile of them in the hallway.

Doors...they're a good thing.

Some more seasonal decorations.

The End.
(for now)



ljk  – (August 24, 2009 at 3:37 PM)  

we've missed you too! glad you are back--can't wait to make a road trip to ames :)

Christy  – (August 24, 2009 at 4:00 PM)  

Looks AWESOME!! Welcome home! :) I love the idea of using painter's drop cloths for curtains...very creative AND frugal!!

ModFarmhouse  – (August 24, 2009 at 7:09 PM)  

I bet living in your beautiful home feels like a dream! Congratulations on getting in there... tell Jacob I'm super impressed!

Janay  – (August 24, 2009 at 11:25 PM)  

It looks awesome. If we are ever on that side of the state for any reason I am seeking you out just to look at your beautiful dream house! You all have worked so hard to get there. The Lord has blesses you! Way to go!

Anonymous –   – (August 25, 2009 at 12:15 PM)  

I want your sense of style! Also, I want to come see your place sometime!!!! Love your house and blog! Stephanie Zielke

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP