A Birthday Flashback

Last year at this time it really wasn't on the radar to have a birthday party for Sophia beyond the immediate family...most of our family lives 2-3 hours away...plus we were trying to save every penny to get into a house. It just so happened that my brother was receiving his Masters degree from the university in our town on the weekend before Sophia's birthday...so my brother's family, my sister and her husband and my parents were going to be in town anyway...so why not have a birthday lunch. Since we were and still are :) living in a small 2 bedroom apartment I decided on a picnic lunch in the park.

I put together "lap lunches" for everyone...each adult and kid got their lunch packed in one of these red gable boxes. I hit up Fancy Flours for this cute gingham wax paper to wrap our sandwiches and the muffin cup. (make sure to check out all their offerings...especially their other muffin cups...it'll take your brain to all kinds of creative places)!

I had this lovely etsy seller make some custom stickers to "jazz" up the boxes.

I made a couple different cupcakes...funfetti cupcakes for my brother-in-law who also received his Masters the same weekend...gluten-free chocolate cupcakes for my brother...and lollipop flower cupcakes for the kids. I hit up the local "sweets" shop for my cupcake decorations. The "tray" is part of an old game that I picked up at a garage sale.

Other items not pictured: picnic blanket/tablecloths that I made from a cheap white twin bed sheet from Wal-Mart and red and white gingham fabric sewn on all four sides.
A big wicker basket filled with "park toys"...red balls, bats and bubbles.
We were prepared for a great picnic in the park......we ended up with a rainy day and a great party in the apartment!

And Sophia was the perfect little lady...never touching that tempting treat in front of her.....



HA! Fooled you....




Partyhouse 4 God  – (May 10, 2009 at 7:33 PM)  

can you believe our girls are 2 ( mine will be in a month and a half)? I am so glad you moved back to ames!

Anonymous –   – (May 16, 2009 at 4:43 PM)  

looks fun!- Isabel

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP