A Nice Little Project...

I originally saw this project here and thought it would be perfect in Sophia's room (in the new house). It seemed easy enough...and it was! The hardest part of the whole project was taking 3 kids into the scrapbooking store :) The project, start to finish, took about 30 minutes.
Gather your supplies: a shadow box (mine was 12 x 12), a white piece of 12 x 12 cardstock, an assortment of papers, a butterfly punch (mine was from the Martha Stewart line from Wal-Mart) and some mini glue dots.
I marked my white cardstock with a pencil every 1 1/2 inches...leaving a 3 inch border around the edge.
I punched out my butterflies
Laid out my pattern first and then attached butterflies to the paper with the glue dots.
While I was attaching I slighty bent the wings up.
Place in shadow box with more glue dots to attach paper to back of shadow box.
That's it...easy peasy...and no butterflies were harmed in the making of this!

Nicholas Mackey  – (February 22, 2009 at 9:14 AM)  

you may see this in Izzy's next room... :) I love butterfly anything and this would look cute with her mobile that you made her. Love the ideas, keep em coming!

Farmgirl Chaos  – (February 23, 2009 at 8:38 AM)  

What a cute idea! Thanks for sharing. I might make this for my niece.

Christy  – (March 3, 2009 at 10:57 PM)  

okay, so i got a shadow box as a wedding gift...nearly SIX years ago, and it is still in the box b/c i've had no idea what to do with it. i need new things to hang in A's room when she gets her 'big girl' bed, so i am going to try this project!!! will let you know how it goes. :) thanks for the great idea!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP