Checking In

August is in full swing already! Can you believe it!?!

I noticed it's been 2 whole months since I last posted...

We've been really busy this summer with:

1. My husband is opening his own dental practice! We're hoping to be open by the end of September. We are busy doing the remodeling of the space right now. We're hopefully going to start painting next week.

2. We have decided to homeschool this year. We'll be jumping right in with a 3rd grader and a Kindergartner.

3. When we have a spare moment we have been enjoying the new aquatic center our town has.


I snapped a few pics of my summer decor {to help me remember when it comes time to decorate next year} and thought I would share with you!

1. Our little nook. The red oars I found at the flea market. The jute bags were free. The red bag came fromm the Hobby Lobby clearance. My mom helped me make the red ticking pillows. The bench was free from a sweet friend!


2. I found the boat at a garage sale! The person having the sale built these for a hobby and was getting rid of some of them! The black chest was also from a garage sale. It loooked nothing like this when it came home with me...it was miss matched wood and really ugly. I painted it black and stenciled the numbers on it.


3.Our front door. The basket is from a garage sale-.25 cents! I bought the plant at the nursery and put it in a gallon bag. It worked great and has been very happy welcoming our visitors!


4. The extra little flags I had all went into an old glass jar.


5. This flag is from a garage sale. It was an old farm gate that I painted to look like a flag.


6. Red geranium plant on our island.


7. Both the scale and the "feedsack"is from garage sales.


8. A wood box I picked up at the thrift store. Everything in it is from garage sales...except the shells and sand...which came from a family vacation to the beach.


As you can tell I mostly decorate with garage sale finds...I'm constantly amazed at what I can find...and with a little cash, patience and some vision I can decorate my house on a low budget!


Anonymous –   – (August 8, 2010 at 10:14 PM)  

Love the decorating . . . so cute and so you. More than that . . . exciting about Jacob opening his own practice . . . and HUGE that you will be homeschooling! A field trip to Oklahoma is definitely going to be needed . . . every well rounded teacher knows that :o) We need to talk soon and catch up!
Stephanie

Vicki  – (August 12, 2010 at 7:45 AM)  

wow. you've been busy! exciting about jacob's office! and homeschooling! if you are still looking for any school materials, i have third grade stuff i'd like to sell, cheap. mostly abeka. let me know and i can tell you what i have.hope you all are staying dry over there.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP